Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Writing Update - September

Melissa:

First, I have to thank NaNoWriMo for mentioning my post on their dashboard with a link.  Thank you.  And everything in July's Update is true, and now that I have my NaNo loss under my belt, on I go.  (I'm sorry, I'm late in sending thanks with all that's been going on.)

And...It's October 1st. *sigh* I've gotten no where. None. Nothing. It's bad. I have been working on getting through some projects here that will *hopefully* open up for free time in November for me to do my desire...NaNoWriMo.

Oh! I did get 300 words out in a short story I am going to submit to Start Publishing. It's going to be trimmed down to 250 words, (thanks to help Skyla Dawn Cameron who is helping me with my terrible run-on sentences).

I do have a new goal I want to work on. I'm going to start simple. If it takes three sentences to tell one thing, it takes three. I'll combine it later. But what I have a terrible time of, I like putting three happenings in one sentence. So, I want to start simple, this way I know what I'm trying to convey and can combine later.

So I guess I did get a small bit out of me. But nothing what I want. I have a long list for October. On it is re-writing my novella I started in April. I want to iron it out and add a scene. After that I can start noting ideas for the second novella I'm looking to do for NaNoWriMo.

I need to put my head down and to the grind to get it all done. It's possible, but I need to focus and keep my eye on the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment