Saturday, September 7, 2013

August Update

Melissa:

So I went back to last years Nano, and after being away from all works due to family stuff and Camp NaNoWriMo on another idea, I've decided to start back at the beginning of the story.  I'm fine tuning some sentences, blending them together, and refreshing my memory to move forward.

I did get a few words added to NaNo from last year.  A total of 2,455 words.  *shake head* At this rate, I *might* get the stupid thing finished before I pass away. *sigh*

Then life took over again.  *sigh*  I'm really tired of life getting in the way of my fun.  I did take some time off of blogging and such to try to get through some life stuff.  Nothing bad, just stuff that needs to be done with my dad.

But, I did start working up a synopsis for the second book in a novella series I'm thinking about.  Now I need to get back to the first novella to work it up and finish the main idea to a zero draft so I can move on.  I think I can work on this new Novella and another Novella story for NaNoWriMo in November.  But, you know what happens to best laid plans...so we'll see what happens between now and November.

Once again, the new month ahead of me looks promising.  I think I can get a few beta things done and get into my own writing again.  We'll see.  But I think life *might* be getting back to a normal pattern of things, I just need to figure out what that is and get myself on schedule with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there....I did NaNo in 2010 and finished my 52,000 words...and went on to complete the manuscript. Now I have to figure out the publishing format...I'm thinking print and e-book.

    Good luck!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow. And congrats to you! That's great to hear you are to the publishing stage. :D Hope all goes splendidly for you!

      And thank you for the encouragement. :)

      Delete