Wednesday, February 8, 2017

January Update:

Melissa:
Ugh. Where did January go?!? Really. A whole month has flown by without me even seeing it. Or so it feels that way. Recovering and catching up from the holiday's seems to always take longer than I hope. Then I've gone on college visits with Kiddo. Ugh! I'm so glad I don't have to make that choice again. So many colleges to visit and chose from. How do you know?

I did get some work done. Yea for small miracles!

It'll be easier for me to track my work this year thanks to NaNoWriMo's new feature, Goal Tracker. You can set a goal for a length you'd like and for words or hours. You can also do more than one Goal Tracker! Totally awesome!

My goals so far:
Christmas Warmth: 5,000 word goal by February 28th.  4,018 words achieved.
-- This totally works for me as there are some sections that still need to be added but will be done in re-writes when I'm reading through the story.

Christmas Spirit: 32 hours by March 10th. 5 hours spent in re-writes.
-- This is a slow start, but I will pick up the pace. This means I have 27 hours to get through in a little over February. February is a short month, but I believe I can do it!

So, I am working. Any and all small skips forward are an accomplishment. Here's to continuing on for February!

How did your January go? Did you get done what you wanted? Or was it weighted down with recovering and getting caught up from the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment