Sunday, January 10, 2016

December Update:

Melissa:

Once again, I'm late at posting about the month past. But with holidays it's hard! lol.

So I had planned to write my second Christmas story in the month of December with all the craziness that comes with Christmas. I didn't get to do that. The events of life, kiddo and knee therapy along with the go-go-go of the holidays disrupted the idea this year.

But that's okay!

Why? Because it gave me the month to listen to the seasonal music, and listen I did. I had the radio on constant Holiday cheer from Thanksgiving. And to get into the season so I could come up with ideas for the story. I now have a list of things that can happen. I also made verbal notes into my phone that would be the scene or part of a scene. I have typed those up and have those ready for when I get to planning and writing.

This is a step forward for me. These holiday stories come in a completely different fashion than other stories have. They are almost outlined in my head. Keep in mind, I don't outline very well. AT ALL. So this is something new for me.

My plans are to make a plot board for the book so I can keep track of all that is to happen and influences in the story by the 'holiday spirit'. I'll share that with you next month.

Here's to producing more words!

No comments:

Post a Comment