Monday, September 14, 2015

August Update

Melissa:

Sorry I'm late. It's been one heck of a ride in the month of August and into September here. With all the sports and family events (step-daughter got married), I've also been sick with a head cold.

I did get through the end of my steampunk story. Woot woot! I have it printed with notes to go through and make the adjustments, additions, and moving things around. Now to get through this part of it.

I sat down for a few hours and went through my notes and scraps of paper with small ideas on it. I tried piecing things together as they would fit. I found that the Urban Fantasy idea I've been wanting to work on for some time, needs to go back to the drawing board. The Dystopian idea I love is a world setting, not a story yet. And I have a man with troubles that's to be set in Science Fiction, but no world setting yet.

This is a beginning! It really is. Doesn't sound like much, believe me I have told myself that several times since sitting down with these ideas and doubts have crept in. But, every story starts somewhere. Right? Well this is it. Now to brainstorm and figure out what's happening.

At this point, as much as I'd love to do the Dystopian idea, I think I'm going with the SciFi story. I have the person and his dilemma he'll start in. I know what he wants and what *should* happen at the end of the story. It's just creating the world around him that he fights through. Oh don't get me wrong, he has lots of work to make him complete too, but I have a story to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment