Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Update:

Melissa:

First, I want to mention one thing... I have NO idea how authors accomplish so much and live a life! They are amazing! I've not made many words with life being as busy as it is with kiddo's therapy and exercises at home I help with, working full time, editing work part time, and sleep. I'm a sleeper and have to get 7-8 hrs of sleep at night. There just isn't enough time in the day!

Okay, what have I accomplished?

I've added all the notes on my plot board to Scrivener!

While I typed it up in Scrivener, I ran through the scenes in my mind. In this process I found a few scenes needed to be rearranged. I also found that I felt like I had written a few of these scenes already. I have notes on them but not completely done, it felt as it was complete in my mind. So this will make for writing the first draft easier. Right? I did come across a few scenes that needed to be added as I had a character pop into my mind that needed to be in the story to help things along.

I'm going to say, from the scenes I have listed, that the book will be a short novel at 60k words.

Now for the sad news.

This breaks my heart but I think I have to admit it. Something has to give these days. There is way to much going on at one time and I can't get anything done. So, I'm going to put writing on the back burner for a few months. I hate to say that and that I'll actually do it. But I'm stressing myself out over everything these days, and writing has been put last as it is.

Kiddo comes first. I have to be there for him to work through therapy and exercises at home. I'm his cheering squad and his whip. I will be there to get him through. I also need the spare money that content editing brings in, and that time is limited with all the work into getting kiddo's knee straight and moving again.

I'm hoping in a few months things will be moving better and life a bit calmer so I can relax and enjoy writing. I see that Camp NaNoWriMo will be starting April 1st. I wish I could say I would be doing it as I have a book all ready to be written. But I don't think I'll be ready by then. A few months... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment